[Gambas-user] Web component

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Wed Sep 25 08:19:00 CEST 2019

Am 24.09.19 um 23:49 schrieb Steve G via User:
> I love the idea of being able to program web applications. I am looking
> into those now and experimenting. I have noted two serious issues that I
> am not sure if it's just me or if gambas is lacking in these areas. I
> laid out a web form however when I look at the web form in the browser
> it is different. Background colors are not showing up where they should.
> I have 2 controls next to each other horizontally when I look at them in
> the browser they're arranged vertically one above the other. Am I doing
> something wrong here? The other part how do I publish this to a web host
> some place?

Inspired by the thread before, I began experimenting a bit the last days
too. Same thing: Why do the elements land on strange places?

I found a workaround at least, maybe it's the way it's supposed to be
done. You can use the containers for vertical and horizontal alignment
and then set Height and Width properties, Spacing etc. to keep the
elements on places where they look better.

Just keep thinking "from upper left corner", as it is not foreseeable
how big the page can be shown in the browser. So a browser will always
fill the page with all elements from the upper left corner downward. You
will have to define positions and sizes if you want a decent look.

I found that a spacer with width 10% and height 5 ems will do a lot.

Regards
Rolf