[Gambas-user] web-component

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Tue Sep 24 10:02:10 CEST 2019

Am 24.09.19 um 08:46 schrieb Christof Thalhofer:
> Am 24.09.19 um 08:25 schrieb Rolf-Werner Eilert:
>
>>> You may already realize that the IDE can be used to create pages with
>>> the Web component. When a Web application is executed from the IDE, an
>>> internal web server is started and the system's default browser is
>>> launched. (Though on my system, it launches Konqueror for some strange
>>> reason.)
>>
>> Wow, you are right, that runs like anything! Great work.
>
> Even better: With that you can use Gambas as a replacement for PHP or
> any other language used to create webpages.
>
> I am currently rewriting my main website so that it will be created by
> Gambas and delivered by Apache.
>
>> gbx3: warning: cannot switch to language 'de.UTF-8': No such file or
>> directory. Did you install the corresponding locale packages?
>>
>> Any idea what that means?
>
> Maybe this?
> https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/2014-December/051256.html
>
> Do you know how to search the mailinglists?
> https://lists.gambas-basic.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi
>

> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

Thank you for the link, I just tried it:

$ locale -a
C.UTF-8
de_AT.utf8
de_BE.utf8
de_CH.utf8
de_DE.utf8
de_IT.utf8
de_LI.utf8
de_LU.utf8
en_AG
en_AG.utf8
en_AU.utf8
en_BW.utf8
en_CA.utf8
en_DK.utf8
en_GB.utf8
en_HK.utf8
en_IE.utf8
en_IL
en_IL.utf8
en_IN
en_IN.utf8
en_NG
en_NG.utf8
en_NZ.utf8
en_PH.utf8
en_SG.utf8
en_US.utf8
en_ZA.utf8
en_ZM
en_ZM.utf8
en_ZW.utf8
POSIX

So it's installed, isn't it? Then what does the error message mean?
Could it be that the locales are installed but not at the place the
Gambas system expects them?

Regards
Rolf