[Gambas-user] web-component

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Tue Sep 24 09:03:20 CEST 2019

Am 24.09.19 um 08:46 schrieb Christof Thalhofer:
> Am 24.09.19 um 08:25 schrieb Rolf-Werner Eilert:
>
>>> You may already realize that the IDE can be used to create pages with
>>> the Web component. When a Web application is executed from the IDE, an
>>> internal web server is started and the system's default browser is
>>> launched. (Though on my system, it launches Konqueror for some strange
>>> reason.)
>>
>> Wow, you are right, that runs like anything! Great work.
>
> Even better: With that you can use Gambas as a replacement for PHP or
> any other language used to create webpages.
>
> I am currently rewriting my main website so that it will be created by
> Gambas and delivered by Apache.
>
>> gbx3: warning: cannot switch to language 'de.UTF-8': No such file or
>> directory. Did you install the corresponding locale packages?
>>
>> Any idea what that means?
>
> Maybe this?
> https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/2014-December/051256.html
>
> Do you know how to search the mailinglists?
> https://lists.gambas-basic.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi
>

> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

Ah vielen Dank, Christof!

I'll give that a try after the next backup.

Yes, I just had the same idea, setting up a complete website with it.
There is one basic question: On my first try, I made a new webform, but
it is always shown as a separate window on top of the webform1.

What if I want to competely change the look of a page, e. g. from "blog"
to "contact form" to "single article"? Is there a way to say "clear
webform1 and use webform2 as main page"?

Regards
Rolf