[Gambas-user] web-component

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 19:23:52 CEST 2019

On 9/21/19 11:31 AM, Dag Jarle Nerland Johansen - Gambas wrote:
> Hello there,
> I have a question to the web-component. It is not clear to me what it does.
> Is it possible to write a homepage with it?
> Any examples or tutorials?
> And what is ment with browser is terminal?
> I want to write a messageboard, and rotate between various technologies(PHP, JS, CSS...) to chose from.
> Thanks in advance,
> Dag JNJ

http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.web:
"This component allows to make a web application based on a CGI script."

The Web component makes it possible to write a server-side web application similar to how PHP, ASP, and PERL do. PHP and ASP,
though, are not CGI-based while PERL is. (And by the way, PHP, JavaScript, and Cascading Style Sheets are not interchangeable
technologies. PHP is a server-side scripting language, JS is a client-side scripting language, and CSS is not a scripting language.)

Yes, you can write a web page, home or otherwise, with the Web component. For an example, start Gambas and create a new project
selecting Web application for the project type. Once the project is created, you can look at the code. Another example can be
found in the Software Farm. Under the Examples category, you will find SmallWiki. Use filters to find it faster.

If you haven't already, you may wish to read "How To Get Gambas Web Started":
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/howto/getstartedwebgambas

Where are you seeing it written, "browser is terminal"?

___
Lee