[Gambas-user] issue trying to use of fbi command via SHELL command on non X terminal running under ncurses

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 16:48:01 CEST 2019

Christof,
can you elaborate on what you see as wrong... if I look on the web
archive and Tobi's responses ... they appear as I'm expecting.

Tobi,
yes (on that screen) it was just a read without timeout, as originally I
was using SHELL WAIT and assumed it would return back to that screen
essentially a press any key to continue message.

I've just tried with a timeout and a trapping of a kill keystroke, no joy.

btw Ctrl+Alt+2 does work in same program up until point the SHELL to the
script that invokes fbi, from that point on it doesn't and I'm forced to
reboot via Ctrl+Alt+Del.

As mentioned the script (and fbi) works fine from command prompt.

I probably need to do a bit more research on how fbi works, might try
fbv as a test, though I'm expecting it to behave same as fbi in this
case (for me).

K.