[Gambas-user] issue trying to use of fbi command via SHELL command on non X terminal running under ncurses

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 12:28:45 CEST 2019

thanks Tobi,
<<
assuming that you already know that your script works when not called
from Gambas

it does

<<you should take a reference of the Process that is created when you
shell out to fbi and set a Timer to always kill it after 5 seconds.>>
I just tried that, and seemingly no effect ... but I need to probably
create a stripped down standalone test as the timer was not firing in
the IDE either, not sure if maybe ncurses screen.read might be interfering?

<<
Or make a keyboard shortcut in your application to do that -- as your
Gambas process should still be able to receive keyboard input.)

I'll need to look into how you set up a keyboard shortcut?

<<
but I used fbv instead of fbi

fbv does not appear to be a debian package?
Currently based around debian 9 and trying to stick to packages
available from std repo.
If I can find true source I may trying to compile just to see if it
makes a difference in my case.
Do you know if fbv also displays pdf?

K.