[Gambas-user] issue trying to use of fbi command via SHELL command on non X terminal running under ncurses

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 13:20:30 CEST 2019

I have a script that invokes fbi and displays a graphic aok from console.

If I try to shell that script the screen goes blank, the quit key from
fbi fails to respond, it appears not possible to switch into another
console (i.e. tty2) I end up Ctrl+Alt+Del.

nothing apparent in syslog etc.

have trapped output of fbi to a log, it has a "normal" line about font
it uses and then

     map: vt01 => fb0

nothing else.

Any thoughts on what the issue(s) could be and or any tips on how to
debug further?

NB all this is in NON  X environment running gambas ncurses.

K.