[Gambas-user] TextBox does not wrap the text

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Thu Sep 12 16:34:49 CEST 2019

Ok, after trying around for some while I found that TextLabel reacts to
a change in Height or Width.

I wanted to adapt its measures to the text within and to the space left
from the position it was to appear until the right border of the window.
What I intended was a little yellow help window with a help text which
should pop up at the writing position.

When I fix it at the top of the window and let it be visible all the
time, never changing its size, it does wrap the text. But when I use its
Font.Height and Font.Width properties to compute the number of potential
lines and then change its measures appropriately, the text will not be
wrapped anymore.

Strange, but I have found a workaround at least - just leaving it as it
is and leaving it visible.

Regards
Rolf