[Gambas-user] Merge request for gb.test

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Tue Sep 10 14:28:43 CEST 2019

Hello Benoît,

I just created a merge request for the component gb.test.

With this component I test all my software written in Gambas with
several hundred tests before we put it into production. I also use it to
do test-driven development. It has greatly stabilized the quality of all
my projects and I hope you see value in it as well. I would be very
happy if it could be integrated into Gambas.

I tried to integrate things which were mentioned by you and other
members of the Gambas community when we discussed unittests more than a
year ago.

gb.test produces TAP output to Stdout as described in this
specification: http://testanything.org/tap-specification.html

It lacks only "TODO", which can easily be implemented later.

TAP can be used to display or process the results in multiple ways.

gb.test also allows a project to be tested "from outside", as shown in
the file "test.sh" and so allows automated testing for example in
servers for continuous integration.

I usually use it myself so, that during development I start
Unittest.Main() with F5 and watch the console. I would be happy if tests
could still be triggered quickly with one key or even from a module in
future.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--