[Gambas-user] Any plans ahead to extend GAMBAS to creating Android Apps ?

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 08:00:19 CEST 2019

Le 10/09/2019 à 06:58, Vinode Singh Ujlain a écrit :
> Benoît desired creating an environment that made web development as easy
> as creating a desktop application. Coming from Php background, I have
> very briefly tried WebForms and realized - indeed Benoît is successful
> in creating what he set out to achieve. WebForm has the potential to
> catapult GAMBAS into RAD Web application. My *Salutes* to Benoît
> Minisini & others who behind the scene are toiling to get GAMBAS to
> where it is today.
>
> Wondering if there are any plans ahead to *extend GAMBAS to creating
> Android Apps ?*

It's not that easy:

1) Android does not use libc, which may be a problem to port the
interpreter.

2) Maybe Qt allows to write a GUI program on Android using C++. But if
you want to use the standard Android GUI, I guess you have to use Java
code and call it from the interpreter.

3) I have no experience in Android developpement, so there is a learning
curve (i.e. time).

--
Benoît Minisini