[Gambas-user] Two IDE sugeestions/requests

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 21:56:30 CET 2019

On 28/10/19 5:58 am, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 26/10/2019 à 09:20, Bruce a écrit :
>> 1) In the code editor there are shorcuts for folding/collapsing the
>> code, would it be possible to add another that collapsed all but the
>> current method, i.e. the one where the cursor is located.
>
> At the moment you can do that by hitting two shortcuts: CTRL+ALT+ENTER
> (to fold all) and CTRL+ENTER (to unfold the current procedure). :-)

(Head slap) I forgot all about the CTRL+Enter shortcut

>> 2) In the form editor it would be really helpful if there was a quick
>> way to do a global search for the currently selected control name.
>> Either in the popup menu, the properties listview or the properties
>> listview popup menu for the control name.
>
> I don't understand why a "global" search for such a thing (control name)
> which is local to the current form, and not global.

Yes, but the control may be referenced many times in the class for the
form.
ATM I have to click on the control in the form, click on the control
name in the properties tab, copy the control name, double click on the
global searcher, paste the control name and click the search button. So,
I think a "FindInCode" feature involving 1`click would be better.

cheers