[Gambas-user] Printer Font Size Problem

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 00:40:40 CEST 2019

Le 18/10/2019 à 02:29, Ed & Clare Kelm a écrit :
> Benoit:
>
> My apologies.  The font is Droid Sans.  Thank you for explaining the
> purpose of FontScale
>
> What is happening is "Paint.Font.Bold=TRUE" applies the FontScale to the
> Font.Size, and so does "Paint.Font.Bold=FALSE".
>
> In my case the FontScale is ~0.97. so every time I change the state of
> Font.Bold, the font shrinks a little bit.  In a page having lots of
> individual bold words, the font shrinks to extremely tiny!
>
> That can't be right.
>
> Also shouldn't the Font.Size be what I set?   In other words, if I say
> "Paint.Font.Size =14", shouldn't "a = Paint.Font.Size" set a to 14?
>

> Ed K.

I made a fix in commit
https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/commit/8a0c190b9540b9c4f7d06ee189c1513e954df8cf.

If you can try it, tell me if it is ok for you.

The Paint.FontScale trick is still not transparent. If you assign a font
to Paint.Font, its size will be scaled according to Paint.FontScale. But
if you change Paint.Font.Size directly, the scale won't apply anymore.

Benoît Minisini