[Gambas-user] Gambas scripts strange error reaction

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Wed Oct 2 17:51:00 CEST 2019

When I make a pure Gambas script starting with

#!/usr/bin/env gbs3

in a text file, make it executable and start it, when there is an error,
sometimes there will be the whole source text printed in the terminal
followed by an error message.

This is not true for all errors, some produce an error message only.

My guess is that when a logical error is detected (e. g. I had forgotten
a quote sign, and the interpreter could not make a rhyme of my comment),
it will list the whole script followed by some error message which is
completely misleading.

When a runtime error occurs (like "file not found"), it will print this
error message only.

Is it a bug or a feature?

Regards
Rolf