[Gambas-user] Help for component gb.web.form

David Müller d.mueller at ertl.ch
Wed Nov 27 23:10:00 CET 2019

Hello to all

I don't know the difference but I can give you the results of my tests
with the WebUploader.
Sorry! I don't have a mini project.

The WebUploader control let the user copy a file from the user's
computer to the remote server.

One essential thing to know is that you will need an already working
session to use the WebUploader control! Without that, it will not work
at all! And it's confusing.

So in WebForm_Open() event, make something like this :
Session["test"] = "test" ' force the session to create everything in
background

In WebUploader1_Upload() event, store the values in Session for later use :
Session["userside_filename"] = WebUploader1.File
Session["serverside_fullpath"] = WebUploader1.Path

Later you can use it for example like this :
WebTextAreaContent.Clear()
WebTextAreaContent.Text = File.Load(Session["serverside_fullpath"])

Now, i have a problem with this control: I don't know why but i cannot
reset the WebUploader after using it. I can show another embedded
webform and that will work but there must be another way.

David