[Gambas-user] Playing .wav files

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Tue May 28 19:18:39 CEST 2019

Thanks Cogier, that worked so I looked closer.  I somehow got fooled by my default settings vs VLC device setting as I have multiple audio outputs.  I'm sure I went through that though.  Baffled.  Still get the messages I mentioned originally.

I found the starting point of what I am really going to need, ongoing, at:

https://www.gambas-it.org/wiki/index.php?title=Eseguire_un_file_WAV_mediante_le_funzioni_esterne_del_API_di_libaudio_e_di_Alsa

It saves me from having to do the shared library coding I thought I was going to have to do.  Thanks Gianluigi, I really appreciate your reference.

Finally, thanks Fabien for the alternatives to explore.

Ced