[Gambas-user] GTK without Desktop Environment Error

Mayost Sharon sharon at 455.co.il
Mon May 27 15:09:45 CEST 2019

Hello

I created a small program with GTK3
And a small program with GTK2
And a small program with QT

(They are attached to this message)

I installed a new FEDORA 30 64BIT minimal system without a desktop
I installed on the system:
gedit, xorg x11, gtk3, gambas3-runtime gambas3-gb-image gambas3-gb-form, gambas3-gb-gtk,
gambas3-gb-gtk3

Login via CONSOLE without X
I run:
X :0

With the new CONSOLE I run software:
DISPLAY=:0 gedit
And it runs very well in the GEDIT display :0

1.
If I run the QT program
It works
Even without a desktop environment

cd qt
DISPLAY=:0 gbx3

1.
But if I try to run the GTK3 program I created through GAMBAS:
cd gtk3
DISPLAY=:0 gbx3

I accept this error:

(gtk3:28129): Gdk-ERROR **: 18:48:59.671: The program 'gtk3' received an X Window System
error.
The error was 'BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 194 error_code 5 request_code 20 (core protocol) minor_code 0)
   To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE environment
   variable to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

2.
Also I run the GTK2 program that also gives an error:

(gtk2:28142): Gdk-ERROR **: 18:51:40.077: The program 'gtk2' received an X Window System
error.
The error was 'BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 135 error_code 5 request_code 20 minor_code 0)
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)