[Gambas-user] Using dates in Gambas

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 02:14:07 CEST 2019

On 22/5/19 11:06 pm, Cedron Dawg wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> I think you should have said: "In Gambas, dates are NOT strings", because in SQLite they are stored as such, which can make your proclamation confusing.

8<

Ah, yes, of course! I remember now. That is the issue.

Note also, if you are interested in times only this has "interesting"
side effects (read "collateral damage").

IIRC, I had to force the date part of a time to a particular static date
in order to be able to compare times.  For example, did the milkman come
later today than yesterday, where all we "store" is the time.

Bruce