[Gambas-user] Gambas called by a Web Server

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Tue May 21 00:02:05 CEST 2019

As I have mentioned before, I am planning on having a web front end on my FarmDB.

My thinking was Apache/MySQL/PHP as I have that setup.  However, being able to do it in Gambas sounds very appealing.  So, I thought I would go to the Farm and see if there are any good examples.  Oh no, too tough to find anything in there, so I will ask instead.

Are there any projects in the Farm, or some good example code for writing CGI equivalents in Gambas?

Two alternatives, right?  Script or executable.

What are the merits of either?

I just downloaded gambas3-scripter and a text edit, chmod 755 later, I was able to run my first script on the terminal line.

Thanks,

Ced

http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/scripting