[Gambas-user] An HTML index of Gambas Classes

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Mon May 20 14:51:29 CEST 2019

Hi Rolf,

Thank you.

Cogier has already kindly posted it at https://www.gambas.one/classes/  It's kind of a large page so if it were to go into the Wiki, perhaps there should be one page per letter, or letter ranges.

He has also developed a nice desktop equivalent, posted in the same thread, soon to be posted to the Farm.  I am guessing that he has already converted that to producing the index listing so he doesn't need to use my process.

I think a view of the "forest" is a lot more useful for us rookies than veterans, you guys already know the "trees" so well.  For me, I sometimes have trouble finding controls and not knowing whether they are in gb.form or gb.qt4, or wherever they may be, so I can find the documentation easy.  Once familiarized the utility of the search goes down.

What I think is the most useful product out of the whole exercise is the development of the Vault files.  I am refining those now and think they should be an integral part of every single database application at least.

Of course, what I wanted is the database, the listing is just a byproduct.  The database also has a listing of unique class names.

Ced