[Gambas-user] pkgsrc port

Bastian Germann bastiangermann at fishpost.de
Fri May 3 18:58:09 CEST 2019

Hi,

This is for all people who want to run or develop Gambas on niche
platforms. I am working on a pkgsrc port [0] for some months now and I
think it is in a usable state.

pkgsrc is a ports system that originated in NetBSD and has support for
many operating systems including all of the platforms that Gambas has
been tested on according to http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/distro:
Linux, Darwin/macOS, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Cygwin, Solaris, and Haiku.

Before I try to get the port from the experimental pkgsrc-wip to pkgsrc
I would like to have it tested on some more platforms. I tested Linux,
NetBSD and OpenBSD. Especially macOS, Solaris and Haiku support would be
nice, as Gambas support on these platforms seems to be quite flaky. For
the Solaris fork illumos there is even the SmartOS distribution that has
first-level support for pkgsrc. Another unexplored target system with
first-level pkgsrc support is MINIX 3.

So maybe you always wanted to try one of these systems but had to have a
reason/project for it. Search no longer and join :-)

[0]:
https://wip.pkgsrc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pkgsrc-wip.git;a=tree;f=gambas3;hb=HEAD