[Gambas-user] Reading .MOV frame by frame into an Image.Pixel

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Sat Mar 23 17:22:32 CET 2019

That would be external to Gambas?

While researching this, I got tangled up in ffmpeg vs. libav vs. gstream, etc. till my head spun.  One solution was to use the "avconv" program from libav, to split a .MOV into .jpegs.

I was hoping that there was a simple pure Gambas solution.  I have gotten Shane's example working, with some embellishments (Stop/Play/Pause buttons), but am finding doing a "frame by frame" extraction is not straightforward.

I may end up going the Webcam route, and capturing my own frames, rather than using the little hand held device HD device (with sports mode) I have.

My goal is to do high precision measurement of billiard ball collisions.