[Gambas-user] Better use of prefixes

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 04:24:17 CET 2019

> Is there anywhere in the CoconutThrower project that you think Hungarian
> notation would be beneficial?

It's very simple and have descriptive variable names, thus the choice of
the naming convention doesn't really make any difference. But I would have
preferred the official.
Btw, why arrays of objects, when you use only one of each?

> Code readability/comprehensibility is not nothing, it is quite important.

Of course, but I don't see how this contributes to it. I see at best
equivalent naming convention without any real advantage.
You criticize prefixes example "scb" being unclear (it's simple
abbreviation), but what you offer instead is only more unclear. Our, My,
the... I have no idea how did you derive them or why you need them. I don't
even like the use of $, but it's just one character so I don't really mind.

"My"... public within class? What does that mean? Opposed to what? Public
within module? They are all classes.

> You should have explicit procedure separators, don't really on an IDE to
> show you them at display time.  Hence

Why? Why you need these? Something wrong with the IDE?

Jussi