[Gambas-user] Better use of prefixes

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 22:03:45 CET 2019

On 3/16/19 4:35 PM, Cedron Dawg wrote:
> What is used across the entire project could be changed mechanically with an intelligent search and replace, so that is an argument without foundation.  What people are used to, that has inertia and is a different matter entirely.  And that is what I am trying to sway.

So, to be clear, you admit that your purpose is to sway an entire community over to your way of thinking. Is that correct?

Whether one likes or dislikes the current naming convention, any significant change to that convention, would quite likely
create confusion for newcomers and perhaps old-timers as well. "Why do the guidelines say this, but the code is written like
that?" This would be loosely similar to a version bump that breaks API compatibility.

Unless there is a compelling benefit to changing, why do it?

___
Lee