[Gambas-user] Is this the correct way to deal with File.In terminal settings?

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Wed Mar 13 22:30:25 CET 2019

I want to shut of canonical and echo, then restore them when done.

Excerpting from my code, I am doing this:

'---- Save the Terminal Settings

        Dim theSavedTS As TerminalSettings
        Dim theUpdateTS As TerminalSettings

        theSavedTS = File.In.Term.GetAttr()

'---- Turn Off Canonical and Echo

        theUpdateTS = theSavedTS.Copy()

        theUpdateTS.ICANON = False
        theUpdateTS.ECHO = False

        File.In.Term.SetAttr(gb.Write, theUpdateTS)
'----
.
.
.
'---- Restore the Terminal Settings

        File.In.Term.SetAttr(gb.Write, theSavedTS)

I kind of reached where the pavement ends in the documentation on this one.  This is based on how termios is programmed in C.

P.S.  Anybody got any good ASCII art for a monkey hurling coconuts?