[Gambas-user] Link to the sample "Video Game"

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Sun Mar 10 21:08:31 CET 2019

Hi Jussi

Thanks for the suggestion.  I actually made a considered decision on the matter.

Depends on the audience and the size of the code.

That is basically a code snippet.  So sizewise it doesn't make the cut.  I want somebody to see the code, if they want to copy and paste fine.  Anything much larger will get the attached source archive treatment.

In this case, I'm trying to attract newbies, so that extra step might be a barrier to entry.  Also, by making them go through the create a project step, it gets them started so they know what to do next time.

My process is going to be post the code either here (technical stuff) or GambasONE (user stuff) for review.  Let's call it the GreenHouse.  When I get a little feedback, and am convinced it is worthy, I'll move it to the farm.

My first impression is the farm is overloaded, some half baked stuff, and difficult to search, other than by category.   I don't have a deep impression because I haven't gotten to it yet.

I got more coming in this genre, and it will be too big to post inline, and I will make a Source archive, though I think a Source Bundle is a better name.