[Gambas-user] Executing make from a Gambas program

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Sat Mar 9 20:11:37 CET 2019

Thanks Lee,

Yes, I read that first.  I tried both ways as you saw.

The Shell is easier for me in this situation.  So I tried again.  I must have done something wrong before because now gcc works.

'        Shell "gcc  -c -Wall -Werror -fpic  /<full path>/libGambas_NiceTerminal.c"
        Shell "make /<full path>/"

The make line still isn't working, but I went out in a terminal and tried it there.  Fortunately the the results were consistent.

I thought I had found an inconsistency between how the shell/exec worked and how a terminal works which is why I raised the issue.  Still not sure due to the differing results I got.  (could be make in usr/bin is different than the path one)

Thanks.  I don't think there is a problem any more, but not super sure.  I should be able to figure it out, or bypass make and do my own date checks.

I'll post an update when I get it sorted.  Won't be till tomorrow, other stuff beckens.