[Gambas-user] Crash Gambas3.12.2

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 01:31:40 CET 2019

On 3/4/19 6:38 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Mmm, I forgot to told you that you must compile the interpreter with debugging information enabled.
>
> $ cd <gambas source directory>/main/gbx
> $ make clean
> $ make "CFLAGS=-O0 -g"
> $ cd ..
> $ sudo make install

Oops :-)

I greatly prefer using my distro's package manager instead of compiling from source; which is why I subscribed to the openSUSE
Build Service 'unstable' repo (home:munix:unstable) for Gambas.

The Wiki documentation for compilation, installation on openSUSE is quite outdated. Is it possible to compile and install Gambas
to an additional location such as '/usr/local'? Would I simply use `./configure -C --prefix=/usr/local`? Is doing this even
recommended?

___
Lee