[Gambas-user] Working with .so library

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Thu Jun 27 14:30:49 CEST 2019

Thanks Jussi, I will use this version.

As you describe it is how I have been doing it.  I am reluctant to build in the copy command to /usr/lib into the code as that requires the user to enter their admin password, which as a user myself, I don't do in software I've just downloaded and am not confident as been properly vetted.

The approach of building installation packages for each library is not attractive either.  This way also sheds the accompanying test code so you lose seeing how it can actually be employed.

I've also considered putting code into RunSh.module that will print starter compile.sh and a libGambas_XXX.c files if they don't exist.

Still a work in progress, but I really do like how easy it is to interface Gambas to a shared library, and being able to edit the source for the library and the test cradle simultaneously in the same IDE is just awesome.