[Gambas-user] NCURSES ACS_STERLING revisited

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 16:31:03 CEST 2019

I found the following references, that may help?
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9922528/how-to-make-ncurses-display-utf-8-chars-correctly-in-c
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4703168/adding-unicode-utf8-chars-to-a-ncurses-display-in-c
http://yjlv.blogspot.com/2015/10/displaying-unicode-with-ncurses-in-c.html#cfd5-linking

now on my units (however they got into that state) I have/had
libncurses5, libncurses5-dev, and libncursesw5 installed but not
libncursesw5-dev

As mentioned my pure C ncurses was working okay for UK currency symbol
even with above and when I compiled I was only using -lncurses   (not
-lncursesw)

incidentally I could not get the Euro symbol to work, so based on code
in the third link I added libncursesw5-dev and compiled against it and
Euro symbol is also fine in pure C ncurses now.

next I found the initscr() in main.c (within gb.ncurses) so I added the
#include <locale.h> and the setlocale(LC_ALL, "") before the initscr()
I did a make clean and then a make of all of Gambas but no change in
what I get.

re the  -lncursesw
I can see in the gambas build essential ncurses but no ncursesw, also I
could not find any reference to -lncurses in gambas make, where I could
change it to -lncursesw ?

also is it possible to just rebuild the gb.ncurses component(s), rather
than the whole gambas?

K.