[Gambas-user] How to create packages so that they do not appear in the system menu?

Tony Morehen tmorehen at ajm-software.com
Thu Jun 20 17:15:04 CEST 2019

There are two approaches:

1) Single installation package.  This approach avoids the creation of a
desktop file for A.  No desktop file, no entry in the system menu.

Do not create an installation package for program A.  Make sure that
package A's compile is up to date.

Create an installation package for program B.  When you get to the page
titled 8 Extra Files, add an entry for program A.  It's destination
should be either somewhere on your path eg /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin or
an explicit location known to program B.  Also add any files needed by A.

2) Two installation packages.  This approach creates a desktop file for
A but adds a parameter to to the desktop file that hides it from the
system menu.

Create an installation package for program A.  When you get to the page
titled 6 Desktop Configuration file, add the following to the bottom box:

NoDisplay=true

Create an installation package for program B.  When you get to the page
titled 8 Extra Files, do not add an entry for program A.