[Gambas-user] Gambas Weekly Trawler

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 12:30:38 CEST 2019

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, Gianluigi wrote:
> Hi Tobias,
> is the operation closed for holidays?
> :-P

Sort of. Summer is the business travel season here and one week I simply
forgot doing it. At that time, we also had an enormous amount of new bugs
filed. Since then I've been leaving the weeks piling up. I guess the idea
of "I just write down what I read during the week" only works if I actually
read everything during the week. Otherwise it's an annoyance.

In addition, the desire to pick it up again is rather low on my end,
because the trawlers so far, while containing relevant information
in an accessible format, did not have any effect on the Gambas-Buch
whatsoever, which was the main idea behind the operation.

I think to get going again, I have to:

  - recommunicate its existence to Hans so that the Gambas-Buch
    picks up news from there,

  - push to host it on trawler.gambas-basic.org and open up the
    backing git repositories of articles and software, so that I'm
    not the only one responsible in the future,

  - revisit my plans for automating at least the crawling tasks,
    so that a flood of bug reports doesn't leave me petrified.

Regards,
Tobi