[Gambas-user] Spam after subscribing

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Mon Jul 15 12:06:13 CEST 2019

Am 13.07.19 um 11:26 schrieb roberto:

> i suspect spammer monitor the ML and stole new email address ass soon as
> people join ML.

This would only been possible if the spammer had an account at the ML.
I don't think that's likely, we're actually too small and so I think we
are sailing under the radar of the big spammers.

But spammers use bots and they could crawl the archive:
https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/

It is also possible, however, that computers of members of the ML are
hacked so that they expose mailadresses to spammers.

Anyway, If you exchange mail with a lot of recipients (and this is what
a mailinglist is for) it's a matter of time that your address will be in
the hand of spammers.

Spam filters exist.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer