[Gambas-user] Problem with the mailing list

Jesus Guardon admin at gambas-es.org
Sun Jan 20 17:28:07 CET 2019

El 20/1/19 a las 13:31, Christof Thalhofer escribió:
> Am 20.01.19 um 12:22 schrieb Jesus Guardon:
>> Hi everybody
>>
>> These days I've noticed that no messages were arriving from this list,
>> so went to the management page and the option for receiving messages in
>> my inbox was unticked. Put it on again and still no messages received,
>> no clue about what's happening. BTW, is there a way to retrieve all
>> these messages into my Thunderbird email client? Also, anyone has got
>> similar problems?
>
> Your message was delivered by the ML, do you receive this answer?
>

> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

Oh, well. It seems to work again. Perhaps a weird config on my side, so
I've updated my server and restarted (since ~900 days of uninterrupted
work). Note that my email accounts are hosted in a private server which
I manage.

And for the record, I will explain how to retrieve into Thunderbird
monthly files provided by the mailman webpage:

https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/

1) So you download the desired plain text file, save it in your hard
drive and change the extension to .mbox

2) Install ImportExportTools addon in Thunderbird:

https://addons.thunderbird.net/es/thunderbird/addon/importexporttools/

3) Menu Tools->ImportExportTools->Import mbox file

4) Select the folder in which you store the list messages.

5) Choose your recently saved mbox file and leave the default settings,
accept and...

You will see a new sub-folder with all the contained messages named as
the imported file. Later on you may move them to the desired place.

That's all!

Regards,

Jesús