[Gambas-user] Gambas 3.12.2 IDE does not start at all

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Sat Jan 19 12:43:21 CET 2019

Hello Gianluigi,

Am 19.01.19 um 12:00 schrieb Gianluigi:
> If you want to listen to a fool: I would do this:
>   1 -I would uninstall Gambas
>
>   2 -I would uninstall these libraries:
> llvm-dev libfbclient2 libldap2-dev libsage-dev libbonobo2-dev
> libcos4-dev libomniorb4-dev libesd0-dev libaa1-dev kdelibs5-dev
> firebird-dev libgsl0-dev
>
>   3 -I would install these libraries (if there are already Debian does
> not install them):
>
> build-essential g++ automake autoconf libbz2-dev unixodbc-dev libpq-dev
> libsqlite0-dev libsqlite3-dev default-libmysqlclient-dev
> postgresql-server-dev-9.6 libglib2.0-dev libgtk2.0-dev
> libcurl4-gnutls-dev libgtkglext1-dev libpcre3-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev
> libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev
> librsvg2-dev libpoppler-dev libpoppler-glib-dev libpoppler-private-dev
> libasound2-dev libdirectfb-dev libxtst-dev libffi-dev libqt4-dev
> libqtwebkit-dev libqt4-opengl-dev libglew-dev libimlib2-dev libv4l-dev
> libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libgnome-keyring-dev libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev
> linux-libc-dev libgstreamer1.0-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev
> libcairo2-dev libgsl-dev libncurses5-dev libgmime-2.6-dev libalure-dev
> libgmp-dev libgtk-3-dev libsdl2-dev libsdl2-mixer-dev libsdl2-ttf-dev
> libsdl2-image-dev sane-utils libdumb1-dev libqt5opengl5-dev
> libqt5svg5-dev libqt5webkit5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev qtbase5-dev libssl-dev
>
>   4 -I would install Gambas

It happens is on my virtual machine, where I test new Gambas versions.

Yes, I think what you mention would be a way to fix the problem – for
me. If there is no other way, I would do that and start installing from
scratch (installing all dependencies, and so on).

But: It would not fix the cause.

I made a "make uninstall" and "make clean" to revert to a clean Gambas
3.12.2 each time before I compiled again.

Normally "configure -C" should stop and warn if the conditions are not
right. Otherwise "make" should build a perfect running Gambas IDE.

So: Maybe Benoît is able to find the cause and fix it, so that this
error will not happen again.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--