[Gambas-user] Git: I still do not understand anything

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 18:14:55 CET 2019

On 1/17/19 9:00 AM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 17/01/2019 à 13:17, Gianluigi a écrit :
>> Yesterday I was rereading the gambas wiki about the collaboration [0] and I had the stupid idea to try the "git pull upstream
>> master" command.
>> Now I find myself in this situation (look here [1]) and I suppose that if I had to make a merge request for some new
>> translation the old 85 files would be inserted again.
>> How can I get to delete this "Pushed to branch" triggered by the "git pull upstream master" command without doing any damage?
>>
>> [0] http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/howto/contribute#t6
>> [1] https://gitlab.com/GianluigiOr
>>
>> Regards
>> Gianluigi

> You can delete your projet and recreate it from scratch. You won't loose anything as soon as everything has been merged in the
> Gambas master.
>
> If you have new translations on your local disk, just keep the *.po files, and copy them by hand to your new project.
>
> Regards,

You should also be able to roll back to a previous state by doing a hard reset. It involves resetting your local copy and then
pushing the new, reset state back to Gitlab. I've done it; always wondering if I was going to mess something up. But, it worked
just fine.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1616957/how-do-you-roll-back-reset-a-git-repository-to-a-particular-commit
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1223354/undo-git-pull-how-to-bring-repos-to-old-state
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10196668/git-rollback-1-pull

General Git tips: http://rogerdudler.github.io/git-guide/

However, probably the simplest and least stressful solution is to just do as Benoît suggested.

___
Lee