[Gambas-user] gb.dbus & DBusExplorer : How to implement "_Introspect"? (If necessary??)

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 10:56:14 CET 2019

Le 14/01/2019 à 08:28, Bruce a écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a project (*^&*%& [1] ) that uses gb.dbus. It works fine most of
> the time but lately we have been getting strange hangups, the cause of
> which I do not know.  So I have been trying the DBusExplorer from the
> farm to see if I can find the oddity.
>
> The problem is this, quite simply, when I 2xClick on the relative entry
> in the Session tab listbox it just goes to sleep. Running in debug mode
> I see that it gets to FVersiongbXML.ShowPathContent() then tries to
> execute "sIntr = DBus[sBus & sApplication]._Introspect(sPath)". Which is
> fine and good I suppose but, there is no public/exported (whatever)
> "_Introspect()" method in that project.
>
> So, please, what do I have to do to implement such a method and what
> should it do?

_Introspect() is a method of the object returned by DBus[sBus &
sApplication], it's not a DBus method. YOu don't have to implement anything.

This method asks DBus to introspect a DBus object of the specified
application. DBus then calls the "Introspect()" DBus method that must be
implemented by the DBus object, which is automatic as soon as this DBus
object is implemented in Gambas and inherits the DBusObject class.

Show your project, and we will tell you what is wrong.

--
Benoît Minisini