[Gambas-user] Gambas hides component as dotfile - why?

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Fri Jan 11 16:11:10 CET 2019

Am 11.01.19 um 02:57 schrieb Christof Thalhofer:

> I am currently working on a component called gb.unittest and if I create
> a deb package for installation, it installes the files in
> /usr/lib/gambas3 as dotfiles:
>
> christof at tof-x230 » ls -a /usr/lib/gambas3 | grep unittest
> gb.deg.unittest.component
> gb.deg.unittest.gambas     <- this is the old version of the component
> .gb.unittest.component
> .gb.unittest.gambas
>
> .gb.unittest.gambas is the only component that is installed hidden as
> dotfile.
>
> Why?

Now I think it is because I set the vendor name to Null (in the dialog
window) when I created the installation package.

In the dialog the checkbox to add the vendor name to the package name is
checked but also greyed out. Have a look at the screenshot. I cannot
change it. Why?

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--