[Gambas-user] Latest Ubuntu 18.04 sudo upgrade gambas3 fails.

Casper casper.labuschagne at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 14:50:07 CET 2019

On 08/01/2019, Gianluigi <bagonergi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Ubuntu Bionic with Gambas Master compiled and QT Webkit works well.
> You could compile following this wiki [0].
> Attention: First clean your Ubuntu from the current Gambas.

As I reported, for some reason the Ubuntu deb install script for the
latest Gambas3 (launchpad repo) does not install the
gambas3-gb-qt4-webkit package.  Manually installing that fixed the
error.

Generally I steer away from compiling software myself since life is
difficult enough without knowing a thing about compilers, but I will
consider doing that for Gambas.