[Gambas-user] Questions about the documentation of a component

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 20:36:17 CET 2019

Le 08/01/2019 à 20:02, Hans Lehmann a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm in the process of writing my first components. They're just small
> sample projects for our Gambas book. I took the component gb.logger from
> Sebastián Kulesz as an example, because it consists of several classes
> and modules. Now I want to provide my components with proper
> documentation. It should look like this component - neat and informative:
>

> The following questions arise:
>
> - How do I create the heading in (1) ?

This it the title of the page, so by hand.

> - How do I create the text in (2) ?
> - How do I create the text with the tip in (3) ?
> - How do I create the text and the warning symbol with the inserted
 > links in (4) ?

By hand. You have to read the wiki syntax documentation to know how.

> - How were the constants with the matching links inserted in (5) ?
> Nothing can be found in the source code!

It's automatic.

> - (6) These texts behind the links are probably inserted automatically or ?

It's automatic either.

Once the component is in the Gambas source code and compiled on my
machine, I put the component information files generated by the compiler
on the wiki server.

Then you can create the documentation pages one by one:

- /comp/<component name>
- /comp/<component name>/<class>

In these pages, you have access to special wiki commands that
automatically insert class or symbol descriptions.

See the wiki syntax documentation for the details:

http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/wiki

Benoît Minisini