[Gambas-user] Debugging Gambas

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 15:49:32 CET 2019

any suggestions (or links to) that will help with debugging.

Background:

I have rather large program that appears to be hanging or looping. If
running via the IDE and I click pause (which I'm used to in VB days
stopping on the next instruction if it was a loop issue) causes a dialog
labeled "this program has stopped unexpectedly!" with content "user
defined signal 1 (10)".

The program is a Gambas 3.8.4 NCurses based.

The problem appears somewhat random, it has occurred the first time
through or after multiple iterations (where it is calling the same set
of routines for different inputs). If I attempt to repeat the steps
exactly (with same inputs) it will stop at different points (get further
or sometimes not so far). I've attempted to run as just the compiled
program (to rule out IDE specific issue) and it also fails and each time
you run it it can be at a different point.

What is the "Redirect Standard error output" option meant for and how to
use?

Is there are any further settings to enhance logging or tracing.

Could it be memory related (which I assume not given it's failure
sometimes near beginning) but how can you check for a memory related issue?

K.