[Gambas-user] Distribution of custom shared libraries

Cedron Dawg cedron at exede.net
Fri Feb 22 17:10:31 CET 2019

Hello all,

I've been messing around with Gambas for a few weeks now.  It's very impressive, and since VB6 has been my favorite rapid development platform I am finding Gambas very helpful.  I've done a little bit of GUI programming in raw X and Tkinter, and this beats them hands down.

I have written a small shared library to access GamePads or Joysticks using the "/dev/input/js#" device.  Along with that I have a small demo project which simply prints the GamePad data to the console and a more substantive video game that I intend to put in the software farm.

I have some questions concerns the distribution of shared libraries in general:

1) What header text should I include in the source code file?

2) If I want to distribute the source code, where should it be located?

3) If I want ot distribute compiled versions only, where to include it?  32-bit vs 64bit?

4) Any other issues I should be concerned about?

Thank you very much,

Ced