[Gambas-user] Question: Wait-sign on start

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Thu Feb 21 08:46:01 CET 2019

Hi Gianluigi,

everything works fine when I make it the way you proposed: setting a
copy of the .desktop into .local/share/application AND setting
"StartupNotify=true" in at least one of these two.

The only point is that Gambas doesn't inform Mate about the program
being started, so Mate lets the wait icon rotate for a standard period.
This affects only the window's gadgets and other applications, not the
application that was started, but it's a bit annoying anyway.

Regards
Rolf