[Gambas-user] Question: Wait-sign on start

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Tue Feb 19 10:09:36 CET 2019

Thank you Fabien,

good idea, but it doesn't help here. It is the time from clicking the
icon to starting the program which gets no indicator.

Strangely, Mate seems to know that starting a binary needs some
indication to the user like "This icon was clicked".

When there is a Gambas app behind, it seems not to know. So there is no
reaction when double-clicking the icon, and the user wonders "has my
double-click been accepted, or is Mate still waiting for something?"

Then, mostly, the program pops up and confirms that the double-click was
seen. But prior to this, there is no loading indicator.

I just found, the Gambas IDE itself doesn't have a starting indicator.

Regards
Rolf