[Gambas-user] Bounces from Gmail

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Wed Feb 13 12:47:33 CET 2019

Hello all,

in the last time some mails we sent to gmail accounts were bounced
completely randomly and unpredictably. These mails do not even reach the
spam folder, but are simply not accepted by Gmail. Gmail is thus part of
the group of unreliable mail providers that I cannot recommend myself.
There is obviously no guarantee that a mail from our mailing list will
be delivered reliably by "Google Mail".

I can only speculate about why Google behaves like this. Actually, they
should know exactly how to deliver mail. Maybe there is just minor
interest on Googles side to support free, reliable and not walled services.

So currently I can only tell people who trust Gmail accounts: You get
what you paid for.

If we get bounces in an excessive way, I will inform Google, they have a
special labyrinth of forms to do that. But I cannot do this for every
single mail which is bounced by them.

In Europe, giants like Google have a duty to behave responsibly towards
the community. If they refuse, the authorities will have to take care of
it. And if it goes on like this, we must draw their attention to it to
preserve these free services fur us in the long run.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur