[Gambas-user] What exactly does the Clear method in a GridView?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 02:17:58 CET 2019

On 9/2/18 2:35 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 02/09/2018 à 20:33, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
>> Le 02/09/2018 à 19:20, Jorge Carrión a écrit :
>>> The help says that "Clear the grid static contents".
>>> What is this static content composed of?
>>> Rows and columns size? Cell content? position on screen?
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>>

>> Wait a minute, I'm looking into the source code... :-)
>>

> It clears the contents that you defined explicitly (not what you draw through the Data event) and that is stored inside the
> GridView control. And it sets the rows count to zero. But it keeps the columns.

GridView.Clear does not appear to set the rows count to zero.

Did I misunderstand this, or has something changed since a *year* ago?

' Gambas class file

Public Sub Form_Open()

   GridView1.Rows.Count = 10
   GridView1.Columns.Count = 2

   For x As Integer = 0 To GridView1.Rows.Max
     For y As Integer = 0 To GridView1.Columns.Max
       GridView1[x, y].Text = x & ":" & y
     Next
   Next

End