[Gambas-user] ComboBox source code?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 22:17:32 CET 2019

On 2/5/19 3:12 PM, Tobias Boege wrote:
> Regardless of that, what you want to do when searching for a native class
> is grepping for its declaration in the C/C++ "macro language" that Gambas
> uses to define classes:
>
>    [~/src/gambas/gb.qt4/src] $ grep "GB_DECLARE.*ComboBox" -nR *
>    CTextBox.cpp:903:   GB_DECLARE(".ComboBox.Item", 0), GB_VIRTUAL_CLASS(),
>    CTextBox.cpp:913:   GB_DECLARE("ComboBox", sizeof(CCOMBOBOX)), GB_INHERITS("Control"),
>
> Once you've located the structure that contains the relevant GB_DECLARE,
> you will see all its symbols (except the inherited ones) listed below the
> class name declaration, together with the functions which implement them.
> Of course, knowledge of the internals is required to proceed.

Very handy information, Tobi.

I balk at maintaining a local clone of the source, because my hard drive is like a closet. No matter how much free space I might
start out with, items seem to somehow magically expand to fill all the available space.

It does appear, though, that instead of relying on the limited search capabilities of the Gitlab web interface, having a local
copy would save a lot of time.

___
Lee