[Gambas-user] GridView_Column.Expand = True also needs AutoResize = True to work; expected behavior?

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 15:24:35 CET 2019

Le dim. 3 févr. 2019 à 18:27, T Lee Davidson
<t.lee.davidson at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Gianluigi discovered that for GridView_Column.Expand = True to actually have an effect, AutoResize also needs to be set = True.
> [https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/2019-February/066369.html]
>
> Is this expected behavior, or a bug?

I my fill I will vote for a bug. Because normally expand do not take
care about the content size. Then Autoresize give a size corresponding
to the content plus the padding and border.
If expand is selected  with  autoresize at true i think the correct
behavior will be to have a column than have a minimum size and just
complete the free space if it have.

am I wrong ?