[Gambas-user] Using SmtpClient attachments in a loop (was User Digest, Vol 27, Issue 22)

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 17:38:44 CET 2019

Clearing a string variable by setting it to an empty string does work. I don't see where you tried to clear it. What I see is
that you reload it from the file every time your loop executes.

There is no method to clear attachments of an SmtpClient. It is not even possible to set the Count to zero since that is a
read-only property.

What you will need to do is kill and re-create the SmtpClient object in each loop iteration. Specifically, do not create a New
object outside of the loop. For example, try something like this:

   Dim Email As SmtpClient

   While iamawake = True

     Email = New SmtpClient
     ' Set properties