[Gambas-user] Scrolling text in a textbox?

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 09:55:45 CET 2019

Thank you Gialuigi! That was exactly what I was after. Slick and elegant,

@Fabien. Only because I was looking for a quick solution,

(The long story continues here, So you can ignore the rest if you so
choose.)

Just arrived back from a road trip of the western and central wineries
of Victoria. Some big ones and a lot of smaller producers. Most seem to
be quite interested in what we are envisioning.  However it is a hard
job to convince some of them that this is not another advertising web site.
In fact, at the moment it is anything but a website. The basic pitch is
this:
"How do you clear your remnants? ... Well suppose that you could put
their listing on an internet system at no cost - no cost.
What we are building is a system that will list your remnant wines to a
select list of buyers, yes just like a wine club. But with a slight twist!
We are not offering to buy your remnants, just list them.
Our users are of a type that are usually searching for orders of, say, 3
dozen bottles.  In general they are sick and tired of looking through
tens of websites, dozens of junk mail in the hope they will find a
"bargain".
What we propose is to do the searching for them.
Now I'm not going to .....

etc etc etc.

But it seems that there is an interest, possibly a larger interest than
I thought. (and I also thought that I had retired!)

Getting back to why I'm not allowed in the kitchen. The original
"thinky" about the concept took about two days. The initial, working,
prototype another three. PRAISE BE TO GAMBAS!

It's still very early days but this seems to be a bigger winner than the
horse auctions.... and I get a benefit of (ahem) sampling some very good
and uncommonly available (ahem) agricultural produce. ... ... hic!

Anyway guys, thanks for the responses. All appreciated.

bw
]b