[Gambas-user] Problem with Settings

Peter Peyotle peterpeyotle at gmx.de
Sun Aug 4 10:55:06 CEST 2019

hello and good day,

I have a problem with the settings. At least in understanding.
I have a form with 2 classes. Class 1 and Class 2.
Each class has its own Settingsobject myClass.
Legend Settings objects refer to the same configuration file, for
example: mySettings = New Settings (Application.Path & "/" &
Application.Name & ".conf")
In class 2 the settings are written and saved: mySettings ["test /
teststring"] = setString
mySettings.save
in class 1 the settings are read out.
In the upper window of the example, the text is entered and read via the
button and output (see the example appendix).
If I enter "Hello" as the setting text, nothing is read at first.
I finish the application (or the class).
If I then enter another text, "Hello" will be read out. With another
input, the next to last text is always read out.
I know that these are two different objects. But they access the same
config file, in which the settings are saved, and yet they should read
the stored values ​​correctly and not offset them.
Or is the text saved to the hard disk when the application exits? But
with mySettings.save this should already have happened?
What did not I understand there?